Classic Damascus Honesuki
The Shun Classic Asian Multi-Prep Knife features a 4.5-in. blade with a unique triangular shape that is ideal for maneuvering around bones and between joints. Known as a honesuki in Japan, this knife's smaller size provides complete cutting control as you process poultry and other proteins. Its razor-sharp 16° cutting edge makes removing breasts from bone easy and it cuts joint cartilage almost like butter. But that's not all this versatile knife can do. It's perfect for other food prep chores, too, from slicing shallots to trimming vegetables. When you want precision cutting, the Shun Classic Multi-Prep Knife is a perfect choice.
- The perfect smaller knife for poultry processing and a range of other prep tasks
- Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core is wear and corrosion resistant, strong, and very fine-grained to enable a razor-sharp, long-lasting 16° edge each side
- 34 layers of stainless Damascus cladding each side (68 total); support the core, add stain resistance, and help food release from the blade
- D-shaped ebony-finished Pakkawood handles are comfortable for both left- and right-handed users; durable, beautiful, and won't harbor bacteria
- Full composite tang for light weight and perfect balance
- Handcrafted in Japan